- , DMS Library
- , DMS Library
- , LGI
- Apr 30, 9:30 am, DMS Library
- AIM Rewards (Purchasing items to be used at school for Archer Card rewards)
- Barnes & Noble (Help organize an evening of music & talent activities by DMS students at B&N and promote fundraiser)
- Birthday Recognition (Meet monthly at school to put items in mailboxes for staff/student birthdays)
- Box Tops for Education (Help clip/count box tops twice during the school year and reward highest collectors)
- Concession Stand (Help run the stand during various events, keep fridge stocked, and manage money)
- Hospitality (Set up Welcome Brunch for first PTO meeting & assist with Mrs. Harper's Staff Holiday Meal)
- OBOS (One Book One School, assist with decorating the commons area )
- PHM Forum Representative (attend monthly meetings on a Wednesday at to hear Dr. Thacker and others speak about happenings in PHM and write a brief report to be included in the DMS PTO Newsletter)
- Poinsettia Sales (Organize the ordering and distributing of poinsettias one time per year)
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation (Coordinating staff meals during fall conferences & an appreciation week in May)
- 8th Grade Reality Store (Present your career to students or work a table to help students role play in the ‘real world’ in March)
- 8th Grade Dance (Help plan this fun night in May for the 8th graders)
- 8th Grade T-Shirts (Help with the designing, ordering and distribution of t-shirts for 8th graders)
PTO Reimbursement Form
Every DMS student has the opportunity to visit Washington DC at the end of 8th Grade. The school and the PTO both offer various ways for students to raise funds for this trip. Scrip is one of the fundraising opportunities offered by the PTO. Several DMS families have paid for their child’s entire trip using Scrip!
Scrip is another word for gift cards. Scrip can seem overwhelming at first glance, but trust us, you will quickly figure it out and it’s totally worth it, as Scrip is a no-selling way to earn Free Money - really! You purchase & receive gift cards at full face value and a rebate is put into your child’s DC account at school. We are happy to help you get started!
Veteran Scrip users, be sure to also read over the Scrip Info doc, as a few things have changed from last year. You may also benefit from reading the Scrip Tips and Scrip FAQs.
Changes to Scrip for 2017-2018 – It is the end of an era…. Kelli Lo has retired from the Scrip Coordinator position. She started this program in 2013 and in those 4 years, our DMS families have purchased almost $800,000 worth of gift cards and earned about $56,000 in free money! That. Is. Incredible. Thank you, Kelli, for all of your hard work! Please direct all questions regarding Scrip to the new Scrip Coordinator, Dana Sullivan, at email@example.com.
We are dropping Paypal and adding PrestoPay as a Scrip payment option this school year (you may also still pay by check). PrestoPay is a payment directly to Scrip, rather than the PTO. Your bank account is linked to the Scrip website which uses secure ACH transactions. We will offer this option to everyone once one successful Scrip order has been placed by check. Many of you already qualify for this and can enroll online now. There are several advantages to PrestoPay including being able to order ScripNow e-cards for immediate use and being able to Reload your physical card within 1-2 days rather than waiting for the PTO to submit the monthly order. Note that it can take several days to get your PrestoPay account set up.
We are giving you the option of allowing your child to bring your Scrip order home from school this year. There is an online permission form that MUST be filled out before we will let that happen. Below are some helpful forms.