Information about athletic programs, schedules, and required forms for Discovery Middle School can be found here. Please choose the appropriate submenu under Athletics for more information on your desired topic of interest.
Discovery Athletics Contact
- Athletic Director: Scott Vandygriff
- 7th and 8th Grade Cheer: Jessica Schafer and Madison Morrett(Aug-Oct, Oct-Dec) Try outs are in Spring for the following year.
- 7th and 8th Grade Football: Scott Vandygriff (Aug- Oct)
- 7th and 8th Grade Volleyball: Kelsey Piotrowski (Aug-Oct)
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Boys' and Girls' Cross Country: Patrick O'Malley (Aug-Oct)
- 7th and 8th Grade Boys’ Basketball: Chuck Sowders (Oct- Dec)
- 7th and 8th Grade Girls’ Basketball: Chuck Sowders (Jan-Mar)
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Wrestling: David Metcalf (Jan-Mar)
- 7th and 8th Grade Boys’ Track and Field: Chuck Sowders (Mar-May)
- 7th and 8th Grade Girls’ Track and Field: David Metcalf (Mar- May)
Instructions For Parents
”Register My Athlete” allows parents to register their athletes for sports online. Here are some basic steps to follow when registering your athlete for the first time:
Find Your School: You will find your school by selecting your state and then the school. Click on the school to continue to the next step.
Add a new athlete: The next step is to add an athlete. You can do so by clicking the “My Athletes” tab on the left-hand side of the page or by clicking “Add Athlete” underneath the “My Athletes” tab. This only needs to be done once during your athlete's entire career at a school. The information entered here will carry over from year to year. This information includes your athlete's contact information and medical information.
The athlete's profile: After you've created your athlete you will be brought to their Profile page. This page is a summary of their info and involvement.
Register for a sport: Click “+ Register For A Sport” to begin registration, you will be asked to choose which sport your athlete is registering for.
Your registration checklist: This page shows the status of your athlete's registration. You will be asked to complete several steps to complete registration including agreeing to documents, and completing the physical.
Physicals: Physical documents should be completed by the parents (or medical professionals as needed). Parents have the ability to upload these physical documents to the system. Uploaded documents will need to be verified by the admin at the school prior to be accepted as complete. (If a document upload is rejected for any reason, the parent will receive an email with the rejection reason. After the error has been corrected, parents will be able to re-upload the document for verification.)
Complete registration: Your registration is complete once all items on the checklist have been completed.
After registration: After registration is complete, you can login at any time to view the Status of your athlete and their participation on the team. Please note, there will be a delay in posting the confirmation of your payment.
Additional athletes: Under the same account, repeat steps 3-9 to register additional athletes.
Future seasons & years: Once your athlete has been added to your account, you only need to follow steps 5-8 to register them for another sport.
Register My Athlete Tech Support
- Email Support: email@example.com
- Phone Support: 435-213-1601
- Phone Support Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.